A guide for innovation promoters towards a sustainable future
The concept for transformative innovation support serves as a guide for innovation promoters to support the realization of social innovations and to increase social sustainability in all sorts of innovations. The aim is to broaden the flow of ideas, increase the diversity of innovators, and contribute to a more sustainable renewal, in order to solve current social challenges, meet global sustainability goals and obtain sustainable growth.
The concept for transformative innovation support is useful to all innovation promoters who want to support the realization of social innovations or increase the social sustainability in all sorts of innovations. Innovation promoters who have already come a long way in this can use the concept to validate, strengthen and further develop their efforts.
The concept consists of three parts:
1 Widened views with guiding questions about whose reality should guide the solutions of the future.
2 Dimensions that are central to supporting the realization of sustainable solutions.
3 Concrete examples of methods and efforts from Sweden and internationally.
Widened views: an expanded view of who’s reality should guide future solutions
• Whose needs should motivate the development of new solutions?
• Whose ideas are highlighted and supported?
• Whose values of desirable renewal should guide the process?
• Who benefits from the developed solutions?
Perspective & Needs
– Support in acknowledging and harnessing different perspectives, values and competences when identifying needs, developing solutions and creating value for people and society.
– Support in identifying relevant needs and challenges among different groups of people.
– Support in strengthening the self-image and self-leadership among social innovators.
Co-creation & Collaboration
– Support in co-creating new solutions with the concerned groups of people.
– Support in identifying those actors in society who are eager to solve the addressed issue.
– Support to cooperate with stakeholders in both the private, public and non-profit sectors.
Design & Realization
– Support in designing solutions that suit the needs and living conditions among different groups of people.
– Support in realization of the solutions in the everyday life of the concerned groups of people.
– Support in incremental improvement of the solutions based on the daily experiences of the concerned groups of people.
Financing & Value Creation
– Support in finding appropriate and long-term financing of the solutions.
– Support in creating a business model that provides solution that are economically, ecologically and socially sustainable for the concerned groups of people.
– Support in achieving and measuring social and economic value creation for people and society.